MADISON, Wis. – How can Wisconsin producers, distributors and retailers be effective in our COVID-19 world and what we can leverage to be at the forefront of addressing the many challenges? Join Pam Jahnke, the Fabulous Farm Babe and farm director for the Midwest Farm Report, for a virtual discussion with experts from UW–Madison, the meat and dairy industries, the Food Finance Institute, DATCP and the Wisconsin Grocers’ Association to hear what’s working, what isn’t and what opportunities are emerging to shape the future on a webinar June 10 on Wednesday, June 10, at 4 p.m.
“Innovations in many steps of the food supply chain are a key strength of the UW–Madison research community,” says Emily Bauer, director of licensing at WARF. “We at WARF are excited about fostering this dialog across the sector to discuss the challenges and opportunities afforded by the COVID-19 situation. As a leading food-producing state, Wisconsin will play a pivotal role in shaping the next generation of food supply chain solutions.”
- Angela James, Assistant Deputy Secretary, Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade & Consumer Protection (DATCP)
- Tera Johnson, Founder and Director, Food Finance Institute
- John Lucey, Director, Wisconsin Center for Dairy Research, UW-Madison
- Paul Mitchell, Director, Renk Agribusiness Institute, UW-Madison
- Christopher P. Salm, Founder, Salm Partners, & CEO, Ab E Discovery
- Brandon Scholz, President & CEO, Wisconsin Grocers’ Association