- May 24
- Application Deadline for WARF UpStart TrainingA free entrepreneurship program for women and people of colorMay 24, All dayThe Wisconsin Alumni Research Foundation (WARF) is accepting applications to its free UpStart program for women and people of color . . .
- May 30
- Research & Technology Development at a Biotech CompanyMay 30, 12:00 pm, Auditorium 1111, Genetics-Biotechnology Center BuildingPanelists from Promega will discuss what it’s like to do science in a mid-sized biotech corporation, their diverse research interests . . .
- June 4
- Wisconsin Entrepreneurs' ConferenceJune 4, All day, Venue 42, 1130 N 9th St, MilwaukeeThe two-day 17th annual Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference is one of the Midwest’s premiere how-to, hands-on events for entrepreneurs of all . . .
- June 17
- July 19
- September 11
- September 19
- Application Deadline for Innovation to Market (I2M)Apply by September 19 for the Fall 2019 cohortSeptember 19, All day, 1403 University AveLearn how to avoid one of the main reasons startups fail: building something nobody wants. Minimizing this risk involves going . . .
- Application Deadline for IgniterApply by September 19 for the Fall 2019 cohortSeptember 19, All day, 1403 University AveIgniter is an intensive eight-week course for teams that have matched their innovation to a viable market and are ready . . .
- October 3
- October 4
As the University of Wisconsin–Madison continues to gain recognition for fueling Wisconsin’s high-technology economy, we wondered what some pioneers had learned during their transition from scientist to corporate leader. Four experienced entrepreneurs with UW–Madison roots shared …May 23, 2019
Noted: UW-Madison professor Bob Lasseter helped pioneer microgrid technology after seeing a small natural-gas-powered generator with a system to capture heat given off by the engine. Instead of going to waste, this energy could be …May 19, 2019
The Madison area is in a lot better shape economically than most other metropolitan areas of the U.S., but to propel the region into a top-echelon position it will take a lot more collaboration, education, …May 17, 2019
When we started Doyenne, we said we wanted to get Madison recognized as one of the best cities in the country for women entrepreneurs. Many people asked how we would measure that. It’s a great …May 17, 2019
A super-slippery coating being developed at a University of Wisconsin–Madison lab could benefit medical catheters, factory equipment, and even someday, oil tankers.May 16, 2019
- Explore more stories