- August 3
- Biz Smart SprintAugust 3, 4:00 pm, OnlineBiz Smart Sprint is your introduction into the world of entrepreneurship. In this live, virtual 6-week course, you will learn . . .
- August 10
- Biz Smart SprintAugust 10, 4:00 pm, OnlineBiz Smart Sprint is your introduction into the world of entrepreneurship. In this live, virtual 6-week course, you will learn . . .
- August 15
- The Draper Technology Innovation Fund (TIF)2024 Q2 Applications Due Aug 15, 2023August 15, 9:00 amThis fund supports the additional research often necessary to bring new concepts and inventions to the patent and licensing stage. . . .
- August 17
- Biz Smart SprintAugust 17, 4:00 pm, OnlineBiz Smart Sprint is your introduction into the world of entrepreneurship. In this live, virtual 6-week course, you will learn . . .
- August 22
- FORWARD FEST: Demystifying the Pro Forma: Building Financial ProjectionsAugust 22, 12:00 pm, OnlineIn 40+ years of working with entrepreneurs, we have regularly observed that “the money part” of business planning is often . . .
- August 23
- FORWARD FEST: From Side Hustle to Small BusinessAugust 23, 3:30 pm, OnlineHave you been thinking about turning your hobby into a business, but aren’t sure where to start? Do you . . .
- September 13
- Distinguished Entrepreneurs LunchRich Thompson, Founder of Xtra Point GroupSeptember 13, 12:15 pm, 5110 Grainger HallCome join us to meet Rich Thompson, an accomplished global executive with more than 25 years of experience in staffing, . . .
- September 17
- IgniterApplications Due Sept 17September 17, 11:55 pmIgniter is an intensive course for teams that have matched their innovation to a viable market and are ready to . . .
- September 24
- Innovation to MarketApplications Due Sept 24, 2023, 11:59 p.m.September 24, 11:55 pmInnovation to Market is eight-week course with five live sessions that teaches you how to listen, learn, and pivot when . . .
- October 18
- Financial Management: Building Financial Confidence in your BusinessOctober 18, 8:30 am, 3180 Grainger Hall(1) How to read and understand financial information, (2) How to analyze financial information to improve business management decisions resulting . . .
Faculty receive 2023-24 WARF Named Professorships, Kellett Fellowships, and Romnes Awards
Thirty-five of the University of Wisconsin–Madison faculty have been awarded fellowships from the Office of the Vice Chancellor for Research and Graduate Education for 2023-24. The awardees span the four divisions on campus: arts and …June 8, 2023
UW researchers using gene editing to develop drugs for blindness
UW-Madison researchers are part of a five-year, $29 million National Institutes of Health grant using gene editing to develop drugs for two rare diseases that cause blindness. The project aims to use CRISPR technology, which …June 7, 2023
Hy-Vee: Awards $50,000 in grants to local minority- and women-owned businesses during products, services showcase in Madison
Today, Hy-Vee, Inc. awarded $50,000 to local minority- and women-owned businesses during the Hy-Vee OpportUNITY Inclusive Business Summit at Monona Terrace Convention Center in Madison. Today’s event was the fourth summit Hy-Vee has hosted in …June 6, 2023
Emerging companies from UW–Madison win big in the Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest
Startups developed at UW–Madison were recognized last week at the Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest award ceremony during the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference in Milwaukee. The pitch competition is designed to encourage entrepreneurs in the startup …June 5, 2023
2 Madison-area companies get federal money to help curb climate change through fusion energy
Two Madison-area companies were among eight U.S. businesses awarded a total of $46 million on Wednesday to try to curb the world’s climate crisis through nuclear fusion. Realta Fusion, a fusion energy startup founded in …June 1, 2023
- Explore more stories